There are several lifestyle changes that can help lower blood pressure, including:
- Eating a healthy diet that is rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean protein.
- Maintaining a healthy weight through regular exercise and a healthy diet.
- Managing stress through techniques such as yoga, meditation, or deep breathing exercises.
- Limiting the amount of sodium in your diet, as excess sodium can cause water retention and increase blood pressure.
- Limiting the amount of alcohol you drink, as heavy alcohol consumption can cause an increase in blood pressure.
- Quit smoking
- Taking prescribed medications by a doctor if needed.
It is important to consult with a healthcare professional before making any significant changes to your diet or exercise routine, especially if you have other health conditions or are taking medications.