There are a few different ways to convert a regular TV into a “smart” TV, allowing you to access streaming services and other online content on your television. Some options include:
- Smart TV box: One of the easiest ways to turn any TV into a smart TV is by using a smart TV box. These small devices connect to your TV’s HDMI port and allow you to access a range of streaming services, such as Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime Video. There are several popular models available, such as the Amazon Fire TV Stick, Google Chromecast, and the Roku Streaming Stick.
- Smart Blu-ray player: If you have a regular TV and a Blu-ray player, you can convert it into a smart TV by purchasing a smart Blu-ray player. These devices have built-in WiFi and can connect to the internet, allowing you to access streaming services and other online content.
- Gaming console: Some gaming consoles, such as the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch, can also be used as streaming devices. They can connect to the internet and allow you to access streaming services and other online content, such as YouTube, Hulu, and Netflix.
- Stick PC: Another alternative way to make your regular TV a smart one by using a mini-computer called stick PC, like Intel Compute Stick or Chromebit that would plug into your TV’s HDMI port, connecting to the internet and run apps like a regular computer.
- Smart TV adapter: If your TV has an HDMI port but doesn’t support streaming device you can use an Smart TV adapter, this device can plug into the TV USB port and has a HDMI output to connect to the streaming device to your TV.
Keep in mind that some older TVs may not have the HDMI input required, and also the performance of the streaming may vary based on your internet connection and the specific device you choose.