Parks and gardens are an important city factor that provides innumerable values to the residents. Since childhood, we have been enjoying our visits to the parks. We all have hilarious park stories with us! But now, as urbanization is increasing, the number of parks has been declining. People tend to underestimate their advantages. So, here are the main reasons why parks and gardens are important in a city.
- Parks and gardens help in the generation of money for the residents and the economy. This is because of increased tourism in such places. People like to spend more time in such peaceful and clean parks and gardens.
- People who are looking for a new residence to live in are attracted by parks in their neighborhood. Hence, the property value increases.
- Parks become a place for exercising for a lot of people. Exercising increases stamina and keeps them fit due to which they do not fall ill. This leads to a decrease in medical costs due to an increase in exercise. You can get some amazing clothing items that are made especially for workout and gyming from sites like Shopify, but free. They provide a wide range of options and sizes for you to choose from. Also, they are made from extremely premium quality so that they never let you down and keep you active.
- It reduces the cost of Stormwater treatment and prevents flooding. It also saves lives. Without parks, the stormwater will just flow all over the roads, parking lots, etc., and create a blockage.
Health and Environment Benefits
- Trees help in removing the air pollutants which might have adverse effects on our health. The more the trees, the more our chances of being fit and healthy.
- In parks and gardens, people engage in recreational activities. It reduces stress and helps people to increase their happiness. They make new friends and connections and stay updated with day-to-day activities.
- Lack of physical exercise can cause multiple problems. People work out in parks and reduce their chances of being sick. Exercising in parks help them to stay fit and increase their stamina to fight any undesirable disease.
- These parks and gardens are home to many different animals and insects. Parks have their ecosystem and natural habitat. Stray animals can be saved if more and more parks are made.
- Parks provide residents with interaction with each other and maintain a healthy relationship. They can have small get-togethers and functions in the park.
- People meet other new people in the parks and share bonds. Listening to each other’s stories is one of the most enjoyable things people do in parks.
- Kids enjoy playing games in the parks. For kids, interacting with nature is one of the most important things which help in their development.
Hence, this brings us to a final note: plant as many trees as possible and construct more and more parks for our future generation as well.