This article provides an alternative solution to this important and long-standing problem of WhatsApp.
1. First, unlink your WhatsApp account from Google Drive. Log in to your Google Account at https://drive.google.com , then open Settings, go to Manage Apps, click on WhatsApp Messenger, go to Options and click Disconnect from Drive.
2. Uninstall the WhatsApp.
3. Using the file manager, select the last saved database file from “/user/Android/Media/com.whatsapp/WhatsApp/Databases” and rename it. msgstore.db ” by crypt. Leave the extension as it is. For example, if the extension is “.crypt12” then the new name of the database file should be “msgstore.db.crypt12”. If this path does not exist, try “WhatsApp / Databases” or “/ user / WhatsApp / Databases”.
5. Reinstall the WhatsApp and log in using the number associated with the account.
6. After logging in, WhatsApp will try to get a backup from Google Drive, but it will not be able to find the backup because it is unlinked from WhatsApp Drive. After failing to backup from G Drive, WhatsApp will successfully restore the backup by selecting the previously renamed local backup.
6. After restoring the chat history, you can re-link your WhatsApp to your Google Account.